Monday 1 October 2012

Sangria

It is officially fall in Winnipeg. Temperatures are dropping, leaves are changing, and so are my choices for food and drinks. I have said goodbye to Palm Bay and Twisted Tea for another year, and I'm beginning to sip on heavier things like whiskey and red wine.



-home-made Shiraz-



I have recently begun making my own wine, and because it's so inexpensive, it is perfect for making sangria. Sangria is often considered a summer drink because it's cold and fruity, but I think it's perfect for fall. 



-wine carboy-



For every bottle or so of red wine, I add 2 ounces of orange liqueur, 1 cup of gingerale, sliced oranges, lemons, limes, and occasionally I toss in some berries.



-triple sec-



 I don't measure as I go, so it always turns out a little different. I usually leave it overnight in the fridge, and serve it in a glass over ice.


-sangria-

P.S. You can even eat the drunk fruit after, and get a little buzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment